Friday, August 6, 2010

We Want To Win Things For Wenger - BS

"He has done great work at Arsenal and we want to win things for him."

Words of Bakary Sagna. I think he is absolutely right - Wenger has done great things at Arsenal. There are a lot of blogs and blog commenters out there that are saying things like "Wenger has taken us as far as he can" but they are way off the mark.

"We're not paying our hard earned money to see a team that doesn't win," they say. Well, besides the fact that no one is forcing them to spend this cash, they are also forgetting the fact that most clubs in the footballing world don't win anything. Ever. The fact that we even have a chance is something very rare, and something to be cherished.

Under Wenger, Arsenal FC has enjoyed, and is enjoying, one of the most successful periods in the club's history. I'd like it if people didn't forget Arsenal's history and where we are in terms of the big picture.

Arsene Wenger is the man who really made me fall in love with Arsenal. I love his dedication to his ideas and his principles, and his patience, which is often mistaken for stubbornness. I love his commitment and absolute focus on his work. His whole life revolves around football and he will sacrifice anything to be the best he can be. He is a bit mad, but he's also a genius. He is everything I want to be.

Let's hope Sagna and the rest of the team does win things for Wenger this season. I really hope so. I also hope he's been working on his crossing...

No comments:

Post a Comment